We take an in-depth look at the Cuisinart FP14DCN Elite Collection 2.0 14-Cup Food Processor. This is an updated verision of the Cuisinart 14 Cup food processor. The new updated verision has a 4.5 cup bowl for smaller projects, a new touchpad that includes a dough speed setting, and a slightly more powerful motor. These improvements are on top of an already well rounded model which is why Cuisinart FP-14DCN Elite Collection 2.0 14-Cup Food Processor is not only are best value but also now the most popular on Amazon.
The specifications on the Cuisinart FP-14DCN Elite Collection 2.0 14-Cup Food Processor prove that it is a high quality, nearly professional grade unit. It is elegantly designed and features a surprisingly small footprint for such a powerful machine. The "die cast" colored machine, stands at 7.8 x 10.2 x 17 inches and weighs in at 20 pounds. It features a 1300-watt peak-power induction motor to enable any sort of food prep required. It offers easy controls and multiple functions, thanks to is unique features.
- Nesting work bowl design that includes a larger than average 14 cup bowl as well as the 4.5 work bowl.
- An innovative adjustable slicing blade that is similar to having six different slicing blades; enabling you to slice fat orange slices or paper thin cucumbers.
- The Cuisinart Supreme Wide-Mouth feed tube can handle oversized ingredients and cut down on prep and processing.
- The Patent-Pending SealTight Advantage System features a push button release, easy on/off locking, and ensures that the bowls are firmly sealed and blades locked to cut down on any messes and ensure processing and pouring are safe and easier than ever.
- Electronic touch pad controls feature easy to use controls for pulsing, dough making, and simpler on/off functionality. The blue LED lights make it simple and easy to see just what you are doing.
- Accessories include the stainless steel discs such as the adjustable slicing disc, large and small chopping or mixing blades, reversible shredding disc, and a dough blade. There is also a BPA free spatula, recipe book, cover, and locking storage case for all the extra gear.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- And an impressive three-year limited warranty on the unit and amazing 20-year warranty on the motor.
To ensure accuracy of our reviews it is necessary to consider the various advantage and disadvantages in choosing this Cuisinart, food processor. The problem is that there little to say on the disadvantages or "cons" side of things. The machine has been thoughtfully designed and by a brand long associated with high-end food prep - Cuisinart. Our primary complaint with the original 14 cup food process is that no dough blade was included with the initial purchase. That has been remedied with 2.0 elite series as Cuisinart has added a dough blade. We tried to nitpick on this machine, but with it so well made it's hard to find anything glaring.
The Pro's list is much larger. We love the dual sized work bowls, adjustable slicing blade, easy to see touchpad, and the convenience of a retractable cord are some of the biggest "pros" of choosing this unit. The checklist just keeps going too-
- It has a powerful motor
- Dishwasher safe components make it amazingly easy to maintain
- One of the largest food processing bowls for recreational use
- And finally an incredible warrenty
The biggest Pro, however, has to be the value. With Cuisinart's modest price tag for everything, you get its hard to argue there is any better value when it comes to the best food processors. We highly recommend this food processor and is easily in the conversation of being the best food processor for your dollars. You can orders yours here!