Whether you have a large office, frequently host large family dinners, or want to get ready for your favorite sports season, an under counter 50-pound ice maker is an excellent addition to your kitchen or private bar. The Icemeister Az-20d is an ice machine that comes with a pretty significant price tag. Before you make the splurge, consider the following information about the features and potential drawbacks of this ice maker. For our full Ice Maker Guide visit here!
This ice maker makes about 55 pounds of ice in a 24-hour period. Here are the other features that set this ice machine apart from similar products:
- This ice maker made of heavy duty stainless steel, is resistant to corrosion and damage.
- The machine can store up to 25 pounds of ice at once, a considerably higher amount than many other products in this range.
- The storage container does come out for easy cleaning or transport. The bright LED control screen includes status indicators, so you always know what you need to do next in the ice-making process.
- The door slides up for easy access to the already made ice.
- This machine does require installation but comes with water tubing and a gravity drain line.
- The entire design is meant to save water and electricity. This machine is NSF, and UL approved.
- This machine comes approved for outdoor use.
- The Icemeister Az-20d comes with a one-year warranty.
- This ice maker measures about 24 x 33.5 x 15.
- The air filter design is for easy access to clean or change.
- This ice maker uses eco-friendly R-134A refrigerant.
There are a handful of possible drawbacks to this 50-pound ice maker. However, most of these items are the same potential drawbacks that other under counter ice makers would have. For example:
- This ice maker is quite heavy, weighing around 110 pounds before it is at capacity with ice.
- This ice maker does not allow for different sizes of ice cubes, something that most portable ice makers do.
- There aren’t many reviews available for this machine from previous buyers, which can make new buyers hesitant to pay such a hefty price.
When it comes to the Icemeister 50-pound under counter ice maker, the first impression a potential buyer gets is a good one. The machine has all the right features, barring the ability to choose your ice size. Also, the fact that you don’t have to refill a water tank to get ice constantly is a big plus. The Icemeister Az-20d ice maker works like a built-in ice maker for those who don’t have that option with their fridge.
However, with the lack of other customer reviews, and the large price tag, it could be a risk to go ahead with the Icemeister. A quick glance through a marketplace website like Amazon reveals a variety of other 50-pound under counter ice makers, with very similar features, for less money, and with more reviews. It may be that buyers feel more comfortable going for a product that they have a little more information. It is always hard to go off of reviews on the manufacturer's website as they are almost always skewed but good results might make you want to purge for this ice maker.
The bottom line is that if you’ve used Icemeister products before, and trust the brand, then this could be the perfect ice maker for you. There’s nothing about it that screams negative purchase. But for a new buyer with no prior experience with this brand, consider looking for a more affordable option. There are many with the same features and quite a few with even more features.